1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

04 Silverado rear wheel squeaking

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 04ChevySilverado, Feb 12, 2013.

1. 04ChevySilverado

04ChevySilverado New Member

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 extended cab. My rear wheel is squeaking at low speeds, it is high-pitched and squeaks more rapidly as I increase speed. I had someone look at it (not a professional by any means) and they said it looked like the e-brake was sticking. This has been going on for about 4 months, and it is getting worse and louder. It used to stop when I reached about 20 mph but now it goes on until I reach about 40 mph. I am wondering if this could be something more serious, and if I need to take it in soon and get it fixed, or even if it is something simple I could do myself. Any suggestions or recommendations??

-Thanks