04 suburban 2500 factory mounted winch?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by aquaholic, Aug 14, 2009.

1. aquaholic

aquaholic Member

was a winch a factory option on an 04 burban 2500 series?

2. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

no..........

3. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i dont think a winch has ever been a factory option

4. aquaholic

aquaholic Member

i didnt think so either but when i looked up the nada price on this thing it let me pick a winch as an option and this 04 burban i'm looking at sure does have a winch hidden behind the factory bumper with roller fairleads on the bumper face.

5. moosetags

moosetags Rockstar 100 Posts

I've had 5 subs/tas in the last 15 years, three of them 2500's. I've been carefully perusing the factory options lists for quite a number of years now, I do not recall ever see a winch option listed. I do recall seeing a factory option for rigging a snow plow to the front of a 2500.

Brian

6. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

That's an easy to buy kit for quite a few different trucks/suv's. Or the PO might have custom installed it that way themselves.... One of my past supervisors did just that to his truck.....

7. aquaholic

aquaholic Member

i actually own an 02 2500 avalanche that has the snow plow package. if my memory serves me correctly it consisted of a higher amp alternator, heavier radiator, and heavier front springs.