Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

04 Tahoe Rear tail lights not working

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bulldawg06, May 10, 2010.

1. bulldawg06

bulldawg06 New Member

Whay do chevy trucks have so many wiring issues? What happened to simple?... Anyway, read other forums , etc. Some help, but didn't work. Everything was working, then 3rd brake light went out..$LED$. Replaced, no problem. worked. 24 hrs later noticed Rt Rr brake burned out and socket discolored, fog lights out and dash button doesn't engage. Rear tail lights don't come on when headlights are turned on. Checked wiring best I could , didn' notice any bad spots. Checked fuses- all ok , all front lights work: head, park, travel lights, signals, All ok.. Fog still look ok.None burned out. Rear lights all work (switched the signal bulb with tail lite to check this. Brake is diff. bulb), none burned out except the R-R brake . Replaced this brake light, works, but stays on/no blink when car is on, guess the socket needs to be replaced. But the big problem is the fog and Rear tail lights. Would replacing the brake socket help the brake blinker? what would fix the tail lights? Thanks for the help.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Fory our taillights you said the socket is discolored, you need a new circuit board then, they run from 25-35 bucks at autozone, oreillys etc.....
  3. bjwelch76

bjwelch76 New Member

I had the same problem with my 01. Me and my best friend spent four hours chasing wires with an Ohm meter. In the end, out of desperation because we could not find a reason for them to be out, I changed the fuse under the hood even though the fuse was still good. It fixed it. I don't know, it just did.
  4. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

double check all your fuses underhood and in dash

check for burnt spots on your bulb contacts and the socket contacts.

have you check for pwr at the fog light circuit?
  5. bulldawg06

bulldawg06 New Member

From Bulldawg. Guess I am responding correctly. Thanks for the suggestions. 1. Replaced socket in R R brake,...light still stays on. 2. Where and WHAT is the circuit board, I keep reading about? 3. I'll try the suggestion with the fuses. ...If after 2 and 3 and the rear tail lights still don't come on when headlights are on, guess I'll give up. THX ya'll
  6. kepster

kepster New Member

Hi, I 'm having the same problems. Where under the hood are those fuses? The dash fuses are fine.
    Thanks!

pk