1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

05 Chevy Duramax turbo vane issues??

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Xracer195, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Xracer195

Xracer195 New Member

These past few weeks my Duramax has been lacking power. The check engine light came one once with a turbo vane code (i cant remember the number) so I cleared it and it went away for a while and didnt seem to have a problem besides a little less power. Yesterday I took it out on the road with the camp trailer hooked up and I only made it about 3/4 of a mile and it lost all the power. I got home by idling it but as soon as I gave it throttle it would run really rough and try to die out. I put the scanner on it again and the same turbo vane code came up along with a fuel rail trouble code. Ill try and find the code numbers but I was wondering if anybody had an idea of what could be going out? Maybe a vane solenoid issue or a wiring problem? Thanks for the help!!
    (the truck is stock)
  2. paracutin

paracutin Member 100 Posts