05' climate control

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by TroyT, Apr 16, 2010.

Newest Photos

1. TroyT

TroyT New Member

hey guys, having trouble with my 05 2500hd. seems a lot of 05's have the same issue, only mine is not a driver/passenger side deal it's both. i cant get cold air when it's hot or hot air when its cold. this used to only happen on occasion, but now it's summer and i need a/c! the actual a/c is working and full of r132 but it wont engage. i read the different ideas on here "air directional flap or door" fuses , relays and so on. the fuses are all good if i had a hunch on the door flap idea how would i get to it and check it out? i'm not to thrilled about going to a dealer for this type of problem. thanks a bunch
  2. TroyT

TroyT New Member

after taking a quick look under the passenger side dash, i found a set of wires clipped into a modulator two of the seven wires burnt to a crisp. $105.00 for the pigtail of wires plus included butt connectors,
    [part #PT2195....15862656] took about ten minutes to splice in. works fine. by the way they supply way too much wire only need about half the length.
  3. TroyT

TroyT New Member

well, after 3 whole days of working properly. the problm has now evolved into the driver side getting only hot air and the pass side works fine cold or heat. why does a regular cab pickup have dual climate anyway?
    so i unplugged the newly bought wires[$105.00] out of fear of damaging the clip. whatever caused this in the first place did burn the piss out of it. anyone know what controls the driver/pass air?