1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

05 Silverado suspension improvements

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by anven, Aug 2, 2012.

1. anven

anven Member

wow, good read. so, it seems like for the best quality ride, you want the lower arm *almost* resting on the bump stops. Seems counter intuitive to me as I would guess you want the control arm dead smack in the middle of the upper and lower bump stops as it would allow for most suspension travel both going over bumps, and dropping into potholes. Also after reading the above thread, I am convinced that "cranking" the TBs alone should not have much effect on ride quality since the "rough" ride is a result of hitting bump stops, and not the tension on the TB.

I wish there was a way to measure how often, and how much the bump stops get hit.

Anyway, will do more experimentation.
  2. paracutin

paracutin Member 100 Posts

It sure seemed to. If the bump stops (actually called jounce something) are used to help the spring rate then it could be more bouncy if the jounce whatevers are elevated.