05 Trailblazer Hatch not opening...help!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by Jebus, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Jebus

Jebus New Member

Hi all,

Hatch and window aren't opening. had zero problems until today. Hatch is opened once a day, today it opened, went shopping and now it won't.

I opened the service hatch, crawled my fat a$$ into the back, tried to lift the hatch manually, it won't stay in the unlocked position, tried the window release...nothing, I held the latch open and tried to open by banging against the door....nothing. Sprayed some lube...not the good kind mind you...automotive kind into the hole....waited an hour...nothing.

Checked the fuses - nothing burnt out, I drank a beer in the back all hunched over and stuff...nothing, I swore a bit...still nothing.

Any other ideas??

Cheers!

1st Post!!

2. silverado002

silverado002 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Jebus. There are videos on Utube that shows how to unlock the window and tailgate manually.

3. Jebus

Jebus New Member

I've watched the videos....I've watched them all....

Problem is, when I gently remove her service plug and look inside...as the video's suggest, and after inserting my long screwdriver into her hole, I'm able to manually lift the latch...but nothing happens. It doesn't stay up...I try to maneuver the window lock side by side...vigorously side to side even and I still can't get it up.

I lubed it up real nice like...and let her simmer, hoping to penetrate, and loosen her up a bit. I tried just the tip...and it still won't engage in the upwards position. I was in this position for almost 45mins...trying as I might, I just couldn't get it up.

My Wife came out and saw what was happening, she tried tugging while I played with her service hole in the hopes something would catch, and I would be able to get it to stay up...then I could work on gently trying the window latch.

Nothing helped...my Wife even called her Trailblazer dirty names, I might have called her a few choice names too, we both couldn't get her to release. I jerked it around, sprayed more lube...called her some pretty dirty names and still nothing.

It's like she doesn't want to open up. I check all the fuses again, my Wife straddled her...cause it's still icy out, and pulled while I stuck my screwdriver inside and did my best to unlock her damn secrets.

I just want to get her to open up damn it! Might be able to remove that layer and truly look inside to figure out whats going on.

Thanks!!

4. silverado002

Have you tried pushing in on the hatch to see if its jammed a bit and may release?

5. Jebus

Jebus New Member

Yeah tried that. Strange thing...I sprayed lube in her old hole...two hours later we left to go to Karate, and the hatch opened. Get to Karate, and the hatch doesn't open. She is stubborn I tells you!

6. silverado002

I think at this point the body twisting it what freed that hatch at Karate so if you get it open again I would check for rust or corrosion and take that back panel off to see if there is an alignment problem with the latch mechanism.

7. Jebus

Jebus New Member

As soon as I can get it open I'll check that! Cheers