1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

05 z71 rough coutry full leveling kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by GSXR, Mar 19, 2011.

1. GSXR

GSXR New Member

well I ordered the RC full leveling kit, (3"rear block, keys and shocks) got a military discount and with the shock boots it came to like $207 shipped so i was happy. anyway here is the pic. i have no regrets, happy as can be. just need bigger tires. pictured are only 265/17's. let me know what you think

[​IMG]
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks great, reminds me of how my truck used to look, and I agree you're going to have to spring for larger tires now! Keep up the good work with the truck and thank you for your service.
  3. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 New Member ROTM Winner

From a fellow Soldier, nice looking truck...
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks good. I see you got the shock boots. Just a tip about the boots, don't zip-tie them to the shocks. Zip-tying them makes them hold water and dirt and this WILL rust the top of the shocks. Leaving the zip-ties off lets the water and dirt drain out.
  5. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts

Looks great, man! The only bad thing about leveling a truck is having to wait for the tires to wear so you can go up a size! LoL.
  6. white03Z

white03Z New Member

What's the ride like? Still smooth?
  7. DSpivey

DSpivey New Member

The worst part about this is what there is to come.....I leveled mine on stockers, then some wheels and tires, then ended up with my 6" and what I have now. Bad thing is I want to go bigger. Its honestly an addiction once you start, you will always want to go higher. Good lookin' truck tho!
  8. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 New Member

Good lucking truck man, looks much better than stock imo
  9. wmkess

wmkess New Member

I'm new to the forum after just purchasing a 2005 Silverado with the Z71 package which is very similar to yours. The first thing I would like to do to it is to install a leveling kit.

I was wondering how the shocks with the kit compare to the stock shocks. The Z71 package is supposed to include offroad shocks although I'm not sure what quality those stock shocks are. Also how is the ride now that it was leveled? I'm all for making my truck look better but ride quality is one of those aspects I'm pretty stingy about.