1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

06 Silverado-Weird Clunk When Accelerating

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by brianbittner1, Jan 6, 2011.

1. brianbittner1

brianbittner1 New Member

Hi All,

06 Silverado 1500 5.3

When I accelerate from a stop, tranny shifts fine. If I give it a little extra gas, or hit the gas hard, I'm getting a clunk and it sounds like something under the passenger cab of the vehicle. The truck shifts smooth, does not slip and runs great. Only annoying thing is this clunk that sounds like my truck body is going to fly off the frame!!!!! I do not feel anything in the steering column. Any thoughts?
  2. taxidriver20

taxidriver20 New Member

U-joint maybe broken motor or trans mount hard to tell without hearing the noise!!!
  3. that hemi guy

that hemi guy New Member

Sounds like a tranny mount to me bro
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Could also be a Body mount....I have broken them in the past..
  5. brianbittner1

brianbittner1 New Member

Thanks all for the replies. I contacted a mechanic today and described what's going on. Within about 30 seconds he said "yoke" to me. Advised its a common problem in the Silverados. Quoting 200 for the part and 125 for labor.
  6. brianbittner1

brianbittner1 New Member

Just got back from the dealership. The Slip Yoke needed to be lubed. It corrected the issues.
  7. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

Cool, that was an easy fix. Not too expensive either. Thanks for keeping us updated..