Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

'06 vs. 07' and newer Suburban and Yukon XL

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by arctic slalom, Feb 28, 2010.

1. arctic slalom

arctic slalom New Member

first post on this forum so here goes....

third baby (son) is due in 3 weeks! :party:

CEO's car has 210K on it, but is still running strong...dodge intrepid (won't die).

planning to run her car to the ground as we always drive my car with the kids for trips, etc.

after looking around at all the crossovers and other AWD and 4WD we keep coming back to the used suburbans and yukon XL's.

been thinking about Pilot, MDX, 4 runner, etc., but their mileage is not much better than suburban and they can't pull nearly as well and they have much less room.

anyway the '05 and '06 burbs are about $18K loaded up. the 07' (new body) are almost all $28K+.

wife thinks the warranty is worth the money (newer body has the 100K warranty). I think it (warranty) isn't worth it.

mechanically, they are pretty much the same anyway, correct? 5.3 aluminum vortec, same tranny, same axles, same suspension, same brakes, correct?

i'd rather just save the $10K and get the older body style. FWIW, my brother has an 04 yukon xl and his (which he bought new) has not been in the shop once (for anything major) and it has 125K on it.

so is the 10K difference in price just because the market will demand the newer body style or is the new suburban that much better in terms of motor performace, ride, suspension, build quality, etc. etc.?

....one more think I forgot to mention, we will pull a 3000 lbs.+ trailer boat (Malibu Sunsetter) all the time with it.

-just curious

thanks for your thoughts!

CR

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  2. trapstud

trapstud Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yes they are very similar besides the body style. That is what you are paying for and the warranty but $10k could go a long way in repairs.

3. arctic slalom

arctic slalom New Member

i agree that I can make a lot of repairs and pay for plenty of gas (like 2-3 years worth) for the 10K. I plan to run the suburban into the ground.

what, exactly, does the 100K warranty cover? it's not bumper to bumper is it?

CR

4. trapstud

trapstud Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The 100k is only the drivetrain.