Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

07-13 NNBS Headlight Mod

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by the phantom, Jan 11, 2014.

1. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Yes they are installed and working awesome. The only issue I found is with the SMD color changing lights they seem to be temperature sensative. So if its 60 degrees or colder they need to warm up a bit before all of them work correctly. Also if I have my headlights on for extended period of time they get warm and begin to not work also. I seen the working temp rating on them was 50 degrees to 150 degrees. So Im guessing it must get a little warm in there but its not a big deal since Im not really driving down the road with the headlights and the halos on for the most part. Paint is holding up also and the lights are bright as can be. Its really hard to take a picture because the light kinda blurs but heres one I took just yesterday with the halos on in the color white.
    0531141026.jpg 0531141842.jpg Halos are not on in this pic. and the lense is a bit dirty(just got back from Adirondeck region where they let millions of dragonflys loose for mosquito control :grrrrrr:was not happy) but paint is good so far:party:

2. Fonze

Fonze Member

Looks good Phantom. I had a similar mod on my Sierra (you can see pics in my photo album). I loved every second of them.

But now, I am upgrading from just halos over the headlights, to retrofitting projectors. All 4! Currently it is a work in progress and should be done within the next few weeks. I will make a thread to post pictures once they are complete. Here's what's going into them:

-Colormatched painted housings.
    -4 retrofit bi-xenon projectors
    -Blue demon eyes inside of the projectors
    -4 white plasma halos on the projectors
    -2 concept strips running across the middle

3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

So did you get this mod done?? I havent seen your headlight thread yet.