Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

07 1500 Classic 4.8 performance upgrades

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by billy.smit18, Jan 20, 2010.

1. billy.smit18

billy.smit18 New Member

hows it goin!
    i'm new on this site.
    suppose i have $1000 dollars to upgrade my trucks performance without messing with my MPG too much. infact maybe raise it alittle if possible. what modifications would you choose. an on a side note .
    do you know anyone that puts a 3inch lift on a 2wd truck?
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would go with a Gale Banks CAI and cat-back exhaust. Fabtech makes a 3inch 2wd kit for your truck.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

A better air cleaner and a cat back exhaust would be my first choices.
    Lots of people lift 2wd trucks Pre Runners have a large following in Southern California, lots of off-Road teams run 2wd chase trucks and certain race truck classes are 2wd restricted.
  4. npverhey1

npverhey1 Rockstar

there's a lot you can do with a thousand lol you could buy a programmer for around 300 an intake for the same or exhaust for around 600 depending on the application...as far as the lift i have a 4 inch spindle lift through CST on my truck and i almost went with the fab tech 3in lift but now I'm a lot happier i went with 4