Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

07 3/4 4 by 4 suburban [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by suburban07pop, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suburban07pop

suburban07pop New Member

i have noticed some strange things with my truck. 20 pt oil pressure swings cold to hot.

wavy sheet metal" built in silo mexico might explain this"

no paint on many spots of undercarrage " built in silo mexico might explain this"

sucks gas like a 747-400 stratoliner.

anybody out there have one of these beasts?

2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

RE: 07 3/4 4 by 4 suburban

.Not sure how to answer this.

Mexican sheet metal is no different than the stuff they use here, I don't think. They are all stamped in the same plant, I believe, (anyone?)

If you just got it, bitch.

Go back to the dealer and ask if you can look at some of the truck that were made in the US. [​IMG]

Better yet just go to the lot and open the drivers door on some, they have a decal on the inside of the drivers door if it was made in the USA. [​IMG]

It's also listed on the sticker, point of assembly.

As far as the oil pressure goes, have the dealer look at it.

It may have something clogging the sending unit, making the fluctuation. (SP)

You didn't say what engine?

The new ones are supposed to be more fuel efficient. But then again it is the 757 of trucks. Sorry couldn’t help myself. [​IMG]Just what is your mileage?

3. suburban07pop

suburban07pop New Member

i have the 6.0 engine. i get about 9 around town 13 on the road. it is nice as hell to drive, quiet and smooth, plenty fast when you need it.

i left it running when i filled it up the other day but had to shut it off cause i was gaining on the pump!

4. 84fiero123

mileage

What did the sticker say it was suposed to get for mileage? If it's a lot more than you are getting bitch to the dealer.

My wife just got back from a trip to taxachusettes, about 450 miles both ways on 1/2 a tank of gas.

And belive me she doesn't have a feather ft.. She runs 80 to 85 all the way.

5.7 lt, I hate that, it's a 350, yours must be the 400. But I still can't see the milage being that bad.

5. suburban07pop

suburban07pop New Member

THE CURB WEIGHT IS 6350 AND I DO NOT SMELL ANY UNBURNED FUEL AT THE PIPE THEREFORE IT IS BURNING ALL THE FUEL. IT IS CLASSIFIED AS A SPECIAL PURPOSE VEHICLE MPG FIGURES NOT AVAILABLE. I ORDERED THE 3.73 POSI AND THE GEARING IS TOO STEEP. IT MOANS OFF THE LINE. I SHOULD HAVE GOT THE 4.11 POSI.

$110 TO FILL UP AND I DON'T CARE AS LONG AS I AM BURNING ALL THE FUEL WHICH I THINK THAT I AM. IT HAS SIDE CURTIAN AIR BAGS WITH ROLLOVER SENSOR AND A FULLY BOXED FRAME BUILT IN ROLL CAGE SO IT IS THE SAFEST THING ON THE MARKET. I AM A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE THAT IT WAS BUILT IN MEXICO GIVEN THE CURRENT STATE OF AFFAIRS. WIRES WERE CUT AT THE FACTORY TO THE WINDOWS THE DEALER DISCOVERED IT DURING HIS PRE FLIGHT CHECK.

HOW ARE THOSE PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO FEEL GETTING PAID 90 CENTS AN HOUR WHEN THEIR AMERICAN COUNTERPART DOING THE EXACT SAME JOB IS GETTING $35.00 AN HOUR? I HAVE NOTICED SOME INSTALLATION ERRORS THAT SEEM AMATUERISH IN NATURE HOPE THE DAMN THING HOLDS TOGETHER.

I BOUGHT IT TO SAFEGUARD MY FAMILY'S LIVES IN CASE OF AN ACCIDENT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY I VALUE YOUR OPINION.

6. 84fiero123

Whoa don’t blow a gasket.

Didn’t say it wasn’t safe.

You still don’t say what engine it has. Mine has the 350, with the 411 gears for towing.

Also the fluctuation in oil is normal cold to hot, to some degree. Your oil pressure will drop some when it warms up, so long as it doesn’t drop below 20 lbs. it’s fine.

Sorry if I in anyway offended you.

I also own 2 of these myself so we are on the same page here as far as wanting safety for our family. Have had an 86 for over 16 years now, just bought the 94 a couple of years ago, and mileage is really not and never has been an issue. Like I said it is the 757 of trucks.

7. suburban07pop

suburban07pop New Member

I have the 6.0 litre"366 cubic inch" 352 hp 280 ft lbs torque and when you take off it feels like a 747-400 stratoliner, smooth and quiet yet bumpy and it pushes you back in the seat, then you glance down at the fuel gage and you have just burned a quarter tank!! i am proud to be a gas guzzling wasteful american pig!

i was gassing up the other day next to a toyota pirus hybrid and the queer driving it gave me a dirty look as if to say" how dare you waste our precious natural resources" I laughed in his face!

I burn as much gas as a dozen of those girly cars and proud of it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.