'07 Avalanche [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by Steve-B, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve-B

Steve-B New Member

It looks like I might be about to buy my uncle's 2007 Avalanche. It is 2WD, LT2 with leather and 15,000 miles. 5.3L with towing package and LRD. I don't expect great mpg, but it's gotta be better than my current average of 13.6 (95% in-town, driving like granny). I don't know what the rear end is.

Any gremlins or gotchas I need to look out for?

Once I have it in my possession, I'll start asking more specific questions.

2. aquaholic

aquaholic Member

although mine is an 02 2500 4wd, it has been bullet proof thus far. havn't seen the dealer since i bought it.

3. jtdchevy

jtdchevy New Member

AV

I bought mine in April with 29000 miles on it , I i have 46300 on it now and the only thing I'm going to need is tires before winter, pretty solid truck

4. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i dont know if you will see much of a milage inrease... i have heard that the AV's are horrrible on gas.

5. Steve-B

Steve-B New Member

done deal

Well, I am now the proud owner of a 2007 Avalanche. Actual miles at purchase: 16,049. Purchase date: August 1, 2008. I filled up this morning at 18,085. MPG is 16.1 right now. Of course that's 90% in-town driving and I'm kind of anxious to see what my highway mileage will be. I'm going to look into a few things to increase my mpg and performance, but that's a little further down the road. The whole family loves the ride quality. Undoubtedly the fanciest vehicle I've ever owned.
    My only complaints: an annoying rattle from the backseat (could be the removable glass), a new squeak in the dashboard, and the engine "wobbles" when I stop at an intersection with the A/C on.

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrats on the purchase and the great name! ;-)

7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrat's on the your new truck! Have fun!

8. anthonyl9

anthonyl9 Rockstar 100 Posts

Congrats...enjoy!!

9. Calbaby968

Calbaby968 Rockstar 100 Posts

Sounds like an awesome buy. You can probably do a few mods to increase the mpg. Make it breathe better and stay off the big motor pedal...

10. Black wolf

Black wolf New Member

my dad put 95,000 miles on his in two years and it runs like it just came off the shwo roof floor

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.