1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

'07 Escalade seats into a '92 K2500 Burb

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 1992K2500, May 20, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. 1992K2500

1992K2500 New Member

First off, I'm new to the forums. Thanks in advance for any help!

Anyone have any experience modding a 1992 Suburban with 2007 Escalade seats? I'm comfortable with doing any drilling and I'm not planning on hooking up any of the seat heating/cooling (yet). Just wondering if anyone has any tips.

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Measure to see if the mounting holes line up. If they do it should be an easy swap, but you will lose power functions because on the newer trucks they are controlled by the BCM

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am sure that it can be done pretty easily. Even if the holes do not line up, you could always make mounting plates with studs that go into the new seat holes and holes that line up with the current holes or studs in your 92. Some Counter Sunk socket head cap screws would work great for going from the new plate into the seat frame of the new seats. If I knew how to use paint well I could sketch it up for you. If you get stuck I can see what I can do. You could probably even run power to them, just bypass what signal that the BCM would have sent. You may need to do some research on that. Some of the seat systems only use 5 volts.