1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

07 GMC SLT NBS 5.3 thinking about programmer which one?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by STEPHENSON121588, Apr 10, 2013.

1. STEPHENSON121588

STEPHENSON121588 New Member

I have a 07 gmc slt new body style with the 5.3. I have added 22'' wheels and the speedo is off. So I was thinking about getting a programmer to help with shift points, mph vs tire size change for proper mph. And didnt know if I could help out with the mpgs with a programmer also? Any Ideas on brands, prices, and what wont hurt the truck? Right now it only has 60k miles and is no longer under warranty.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

DiabloSport Intune or DiabloSport Trinity. PM [MENTION=32828]06MonteSS[/MENTION] if you have questions about these or about custom tunes you can have created and use through them. He's knowledgable, sells his tuning services, sells the devices, and bundles them (programmer with custom tuning), as well.

He did my custom tune and I'm very pleased with the results. I already had my tuner and didn't know about his bundling, else I'd have bought the bundle and saved a bit of cash.
  3. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member

:mdr:

4. STEPHENSON121588

Hey man can you shoot me a pm with some pricing?
  5. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member

6. STEPHENSON121588

thanks man ill check it out, not sure which one I want to go with, need to sit down and do some research next week.
  7. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... tune wise, the tunes are the same. and of course, my custom tune would be the same as well... the trinity has a few more features, including a performance monitor for 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times, etc... bigger color touch screen... graphic gauges for monitoring data... and I like the Trinity better for data logging - the logging is better, and since it has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color screen, so it's easier to go through while it's mounted... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield... there's also an available gauge pod mount adapter for it, so if you have a gauge pod like on your a-pillar, you could mount it right in there with the pod mount... the inTune does not have a mount, so you have to hold it or put it on the seat next to you - kind of defeats the purpose if you want to watch some data while recording it - you'd have to hold on to it and hold it up in front of your face while driving haha, it's a little harder to figure out and find where the parameters are to log and select/deselect, etc... the Trinity will also get an update in the future that will allow you tune more than one vehicle at a time with it... again, these are MY personal preferences... other people like the smaller intune better (it's the size of a credit card), and having to hold it or lay it on the seat may be no big deal to them... but for me, for my own personal preferences, I like the Trinity better...

So really, it's up to you which one you'd want... if you don't want/need the extra features/bell-n-whistles, then you can go with the inTune - and it's less expensive...

here are links to their user manuals so you can check them both out:

Trinity user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/Trinity/Trinity_Comp_User_Manual.pdf

inTune user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/inTune_Comp_User_Manual.pdf

as for the custom tuning info, you can find all of that on my site at www.diablewtune.com

Thanks for asking man, I appreciate it!!
  8. kinson33

kinson33 New Member

Do both of these fix the ABS light when you do a gear swap?
  9. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member

you can modify the gear ratio with them both, yes...
  10. kinson33

kinson33 New Member

Sweet. I'm in the same boat as stephenson. New tires bogged down the ride a little, figured gears would be good next move but anything over 4.10's will set off the ABS light.