Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

07 LTZ with mind of its own

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 07LSU, Oct 21, 2008.

1. 07LSU

07LSU New Member

I have a 07 LTZ that is crazy. It thinks the lift gate is open, when its not. This means you have to turn off the interior lights to drive at night otherwise they stay on. The power liftgate sometimes makes a really bad knock noise as it is closing. Sometimes when we hit a bump the door locks freak out switching several times without any buttons being hit. It has been to the dealer, twice, and of course they could not get it to do it. :grrrrrr:

Anyone having these types of problems? Please help!

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've not had the problem... but it's under warranty..?... take it back to the dealership then..

take it back to the dealership... then...

well, you get it. I'm totally 100% frustrated with dealerships and welcome the chance anyone has the ability (aka "still under warranty") to get the service department there/anywhere to do something. Maybe they'll be tired of seeing you after a time and actually spend some time looking for the problem and/or actually replicating the problems.

Good luck with it all! Hopefully someone here will have better advice for you. :)

3. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

sounds like a bad ground wiring to me. have them run an electronic ground test among a few other things. you might have to leave it there all day but its worth it in the long run.

4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good luck with that one. I would say the dealer is your only option here. i once owned a van that did the same thing that when hitting a bump or bumps, the interior lights would flash and the door chime would ding.

5. 07LSU

07LSU New Member

thanks I will start there. I am frustrated with the dealers and the lack of caring and attention to service.

6. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

dont get me started on those dealers :grrrrrr:

I agree it sounds like a wiring problem.

are we talking about a tahoe or a burb ?

7. rc89

rc89 New Member

the dealears care but a lot of techs are dumb they just put on parts, and electronics is everything these days and most techs avoid learning it. Like said before its probably your ground wire it could just be loose or maybe its corroded. also have them check the TIPM :totally intergrated power module" it controls everything. also you could get your own scanner and run a dio on it but they probably already did that. Anyways good luck :money: