1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

07 NBS Silverado 1500 4.5" spindle lift?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Jimbo74, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 New Member

wonderin if anybody has the 4.5 inch spindle lift from CST Suspension on there truck and if they like it or if they have heard anything about it good or not good?
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

My buddy has a 2004 Colorado, and he has the 5" CST spindle lift kit. The kit gave him a true 5" all the way around for $1,200, it included the two rear CST shocks extended brake lines, add-a-leafs in the back, lift spindles in the front. I was really impressed with the ease of installation, instead of having all of these brackets and crap to bolt together all the front had was those forged cast-iron lift spindles. They were a direct replacement for the stock spindles, and the advantage to this system is you keep all of the factory geometry up front. NO drop down brackets or extensions other than the brake lines, you also keep the factory shock setup up front. My buddy just bought replacement bilstein shocks for his truck, and they fit right in there no problem. The only major thing he had to do for that lift was he had to weld a drop bracket on the carrier bearing on the drive shaft, other than that there was no modification. Good luck with your kit, BTW his truck was 2wd if that matters. :great:

The only thing that he wasn't happy with was the customer service, it was for sh^&*! They sent the wrong parts 3 times, meanwhile he kept getting pawned off left and right to guys who didn't know a damn thing about what they sold. He had his truck up on jacks for 2 weeks waiting on parts, the biggest dissapointment was when they sent the wrong bolts for the rear axles they told him to go to the hardware store and just buy a similar bolt to make it work. Which is WAAAAY dangerous IMO!:glasses:
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have no experience with it but I know CST makes quality stuff
  4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

never heard a bad thing about CST
  5. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 New Member

thanks for the help yall
  6. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member

We have someone in our group with the cst lift. Actually his truck is just like yours I believe.
    Go to search and type "plowxman" there are a few pics of his truck.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009