1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

07 NBS Silverado suspension question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by afireinside, Aug 10, 2012.

1. afireinside

afireinside New Member

I have a 07 NBS ext cab 4x4 LT with 85k on it. I follow the oil change light on my truck (average is 10k miles on Syn) I grease the Lower Ball Joints, I then go to the tire shop where I bought the tires and have them rotate to keep the warranty. I went to get a alignment in the spring they said it was fine. The last 2 times when the rotate was due Ive been getting subtle shaking in the front at 45-50 mph, They rotate, then it goes away. The last time they said their is slight cupping/feathering usually from bad tie rod ends and with rotating to the rear it will go away untill the fronts begin the wear. I remember when I had my Bilsteins put on they noted a "normal" looseness in the front end but ball joints would need to be done at some point. So is this a common issue w the tires? Ill jack it up when I can and try to check the joints (lower should be good w my constant greaseing) Should I do the inner and outer tie rod, then alignment. And do ball joints when needed?
  2. PaperPatched

PaperPatched New Member

I brought my newly purchased 08 Silverado 1500 LT to my favorite tire & front end shop after I noticed some cupping on the inner edge of the left front tire. They always test drive & inspect before starting a job. They found the top ball joint was too loose to perform the alignment. A replacement of the upper control arm plus the alignment, rotation, & re-balance was just shy of $400.00 at that shop. Fortunately the truck was purchased as a certified pre-owned; and my local dealer (not purchased there) had it in and out of the shop for the control arm replacement in about an hour, no charge. I had just thought the Bridgestone Duellers were a little on the loud side, but it was that cupped tire making extra noise. Re-balanced and put on the back it is quieter in the cab now. Now when I hear a truck go by with a slightly pulsating tire noise I wonder if it's a bad ball joint and a cupping tire?