Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

07 rattle from rear driver side door

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by ChevyguyArmen, Apr 25, 2010.

1. ChevyguyArmen

ChevyguyArmen Member

Hey guys, I need help. I just traded my silverado for a used one owner 07 Tahoe. I really like it but I have a very annoying rattle that seems like its coming from the driver passenger door area. I thought it was the seat belt part in the pillar but it was not.

If felt around everywhere and can not pin point where it is coming from. Everything sounds solid and feels secure. It sound like glass or metal bouncing around inside the door panel maybe. I checked the window and everything is good. I still have some factory warranty left but i hate to take it to the dealer for that because they always act like they can not find rattles or squeaks. Has anyone has this problem yet with that same rattle. IT sounds like sheet metal bouncing or something and its almost ALL the time unless on a completely smooth road and we :grrrrrr: have many of those!!!

2. ericdl33

ericdl33 New Member

had the same thing

had the same thing in my 08 suburban. by the time i got to the dealership with it, they had already received an internal memo regarding the rattle. they replaced the steel latch - the piece the door actually latches onto...and the rattle was gone. i think the guy said the original was not thick enough and allowed some play - something to that effect. good luck.