07 Silverado 4 to 8 cylinder?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by drillbit26, Nov 22, 2010.

1. drillbit26

drillbit26 Rockstar 100 Posts

Just wondering do all 07's have the feature where it goes from 8 cylinders to 4? If they do then I was also wondering does this change your options for changing the exhaust. Is it still possible to do true duals with no muffler? any info on this would be appreciated.

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had an '07 classic and it did not have DOD. My '08 does have DOD and even with the stock intake/exhaust I can hear a difference in the exhaust tone when it drops down to 4 cyl. A buddy of mine has a 2010 Silverado with DOD running the Gibson Super Truck cat back and when his drops down the 4cyl it has a old tractor sound to it. His cure to the tractor sound was to get a Diablo tuner and turn off DOD. Problem solved.

3. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

if you have a gmt 800 (2007 classic) then probably not. If you have a gmt 900 (2007 NBS and up) then you more then likely do. I'm running single-in dual out magnaflow and defiantly can tell when it goes from 8-4 and back to 8. I think Trucks! on speed did an exhaust system that minimized the side affects of AFM .. I'll have to see if i can't find it.

4. drillbit26

thanks for the info and yeah I have the New body style. I really hope I can still change my exhaust, I have never had a quiet bowtie. Although it will be a long time before I can get a tuner. Im wanting to level it and get some all terrain tires soon.

5. NCN8ive

NCN8ive Rockstar 100 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you'll only have to worry about the DOD/AFM if you have a 5.3L or bigger engine. The 4.8L V8 does not have it, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  6. drillbit26

yeah sorry I need to change all my profile and stuff. I have a 07 NBS, Z71, with 5.3l. thanks