1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

07 silverado blinker mirrors, anybody help???

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by pvcableguy, May 21, 2010.

1. pvcableguy

pvcableguy New Member

my 07 silverado has manual folding power glass side mirrors, i want to upgrade same but with turn indicators in the mirrors...do i need to replace the wiring harness in each door?..or does the truck have it already???
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

I haven't worked on the 07's but back in the 90's when I did a lot of phones and alarm installs. Most assembly line vehicles have harness' that are prepped for any factory option. I know when I installed door lock motors on vehicles that had them as an option, the harness had the necessary connector.

No sense in having too many part numbers for harness'. If no one else chimes in, let us know what you find when you pull the door panels off.
  3. pvcableguy

pvcableguy New Member

unplugged,

i glade to read that, i called a chevy dealer yesterday and they told me i had to buy new harnesses to support the signal mirrors...the mirrors i wanna buy are defog capable as well....think the harness is wired in for that too?