1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

07 Silverado Transmission leak

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by snomokid, Mar 25, 2011.

1. snomokid

snomokid New Member

Hey guys,

I posted in the new members section a couple weeks ago. Well I got a truck, 07 silverado ltz extended cab 4x4. I have the 5.3L and 4-speed auto. Well I noticed the other day a drop of ATF dripping from the bell housing area. I had them look at it today when I brought it in for state inspection. They said they couldnt find where the leak was coming from, so im bringing it in next week for further inspection/fix. They said it should be covered by the powertrain warranty. Any one else have transmission leaks like this? I mean the truck only has 30,000 miles on it. I also noticed in the owners manual it says to do a hot ATF level check with the transmission between 160 and 190 degrees F, but I havnt seen the display on the DIC go over 110 degrees F.

Thanks!
  2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

I am glad to here that you are working with your local dealership ro have this issue resolved. Please feel free to contact me with any further developments with the fix. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.