1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

07 Silverado Z71 VS standard suspension

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by zekeman, Jul 16, 2008.

1. zekeman

zekeman New Member

Does anyone know if the 07-08 Silverado Z71 and the standard Z83 suspension have the same springs? I know the Chevy brochure says the shocks are different from the Z71 VS Z83 suspensions but they do not mention the springs... are the springs different also?
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

this is what i found on the chevy site cuz i was wondering myself

Z71

Suspension Package, , Off-Road, includes 1.81" (46 mm) shocks, off-road jounce bumpers, 34mm front stabilizer bar, (K47) high capacity air cleaner, (G80) heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential, (NZZ) Skid Plate Package and Z71 decals on rear quarters (Z71)

Z85

Suspension Package, , Handling/Trailering, heavy-duty, includes 46 mm piston monotube shocks and 34mm front stabilizer bar (Z85)
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  3. zekeman

zekeman New Member

I saw the same thing but I know some other manufacturers like Toyota for instance do change the spring rate along with different shocks although they only show the shocks as being different..I am gonna call my local dealer and see if they can look up a standard Z83 or Z85 and Z71 and check the spring part numbers of each..
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

yea i wouldnt be surprised if they were different either
  5. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I would almost bet they were different.