07 suburban solid hatch window replacement?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by briyoung, Dec 6, 2008.

1. briyoung

briyoung New Member

i had my 07 suburban broken into recently and i'm wondering if there is a bolt-in solid (metal) replacement for the rear hatch window.

i have the cargo compartment filled (3rd row removed) with custom shelving/storage for work and can't see out the back, anyway. all windows are deeply tinted - the rear sides and the hatch so deep that it was nearly impossible to see in. but - someone must have seen me unload and did a smash and grab on what was left. so - while considering simple window replacement (simple?!) i thought i'd look at alternatives.

thanks!

2. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Not as far as I am aware, not even sure if the glass company can get you this either, or any special glass. Have a local fabricator make you two, if you have some one around the area who can???? :neutral:
    Sorry....

Jeff

3. briyoung

briyoung New Member

thanks, jeff.
    i (think i) remember seeing chevy astro vans with the rear side windows having been replaced with solid metal panels. hhhmmmmm.

4. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Yep, you can match them up for size and see if they fit, forgot about thoses but great idea, at the very least a starting point.

Jeff