1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

07 suburban solid hatch window replacement?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by briyoung, Dec 6, 2008.

1. briyoung

briyoung New Member

i had my 07 suburban broken into recently and i'm wondering if there is a bolt-in solid (metal) replacement for the rear hatch window.

i have the cargo compartment filled (3rd row removed) with custom shelving/storage for work and can't see out the back, anyway. all windows are deeply tinted - the rear sides and the hatch so deep that it was nearly impossible to see in. but - someone must have seen me unload and did a smash and grab on what was left. so - while considering simple window replacement (simple?!) i thought i'd look at alternatives.

thanks!
  2. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Not as far as I am aware, not even sure if the glass company can get you this either, or any special glass. Have a local fabricator make you two, if you have some one around the area who can???? :neutral:
    Sorry....

Jeff
  3. briyoung

briyoung New Member

thanks, jeff.
    i (think i) remember seeing chevy astro vans with the rear side windows having been replaced with solid metal panels. hhhmmmmm.
  4. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Yep, you can match them up for size and see if they fit, forgot about thoses but great idea, at the very least a starting point.

Jeff