1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

07 Suburban Sunroof Tracks

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Rugby Wallaby, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Rugby Wallaby

Rugby Wallaby New Member

Recommendations re lubrication of sunroof guide tracks - Necessary? What to use?

thnx

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've been spraying silicone spray in my wifes HHR sunroof tracks every oil change.

3. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I use a silicone grease, the spray is good but there's overspray. Also the grease stays put!

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I use white lithium on mine. There was a TSB a few years ago about Cadillac sunroof issues, that TSB called for Rheosil 500F from Tai Lubricants as the preferred grease. From the manufacture website: A lithium soap thickened, medium viscosity silicone grease fortified with PTFE for added lubricity. Ideal for plastic on plastic and plastic on metal applications and control cables.

So, I guess lithium or silicon will work fine as the recommended product is a combination of both.