Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

07 Tahoe failed to start

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Black & White, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Black & White

Black & White New Member

This has happened twice over the past 2 months. We have come to the vehicle after about 45 minutes of being parked, and everything seems to work fine until you actually begin to start the engine. The engine doesnt even try to turn over like there is a completely dead battery, but all the lights are bright and nothing has been left on that would reflect or suggest a dead battery. There are no warning lights other than the normal lights prior to starting the vehicle. The first time this happen I did everything I could think of....even jumping off the battery and nothing worked. After about 20 min. It started fine with no issues for about a month. Yesterday it happened the same way but jumping it off worked. I had the battery and alternator checked and they showed 13 volts and 100% on the battery. What could this be?
  2. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Sounds like the starter is going out. More then likely the solenoid that sends power to it. If you turn the key, don't hear a click and have a good battery and power then that would be the solenoid not activating to actual start the car.