Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

07 tahoe heat blowing out of the driver side vent with ac on

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by adamant, May 25, 2011.

1. adamant

adamant New Member

07 tahoe heat blowing out of the driver side vent with ac on

Heat is blowing out of the drivers vents with the ac on. Passenger side and back is fine. What's the deal? I am not under warranty no more but it has been in for this while it was under warranty.

2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would like to look into this further for you. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealership that you are working with via private message, I will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

3. bucd

bucd New Member

Looks like a common problem from searching the forums. I just posted this statement in another thread:

Sounds like left temp actuator. Mine is doing same thing (04 silverado).

I found a post here while searching about resetting the actuator. Give this a go:

- With car off, pull the 10A HVAC fuse (located in fuse box on driver side panel with door opened)
    Check fuse just because you have it out already, but should be ok.
    - Turn key to accessory
    - Let it sit there for a min or two.
    - Turn key off
    - Plug 10A fuse back in.

Another one I found was about cleaning the actuator. Located under driver dash about the gas pedal.
    Just note how the part/pieces go together when taking it apart to clean.

I just posted up to ask if there's a way to rewire the right to the left side, so it can bypass the "bad" right temp actuator. Controls would be used only on the left of course. I would think this is doable but not sure.

-D

1 person likes this.
  4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This happened to my '08 last week and happens to my Father's '09 1500 and a co-workers '05 1500. The next time I started my truck it went back to blowing cold on the driver side. I think it is kind of odd that I know 2 others that it wont blow cold sometimes on the driver side and all you have to do is kill the motor and fire her back up.

5. adamant

adamant New Member

well i will pull the fuce and see what happens..

6. LSU truckman

LSU truckman Rockstar 100 Posts

Well looks like GM better do some homework on this problem. My 2011 Sierra Crewcab 4X4 just did the same thing except it was the passenger side that started blowing hot air while the drivers side was cool. Also after 2 or more hours of continuous driving with the A/C on, water condensation starts dripping from under the dash soaking my carpets on driver and passenger sides.

Truck just started doing this with 6800 miles on it. I just drove it to west TX then to east FL from south Louisiana in a weeks time and it was miserable. Wet carpet, hot air blowing out passenger side on my sunburned wife. Things were not good.

I made an appointment with my dealers service dept. and on the way to the shop, the A/C blower started to make a noise as if plastic was hung in the "squirrel cage" blower. The dealer changed the blower and supposedly recalibrated the actuator but could not duplicate the water leaking into the cab. They said my condensate drains were clear. I told them the water does not drip while driving it for short periods or around town but getting out on the open highway for more than a couple of hours of nonstop driving, it almost pours out from under the dash.

7. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I am glad to see that you are working with your local dealer towards resolution. Please feel free to keep me posted via private message. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

8. mateeny

mateeny New Member

Do this pull the fuse thing first, you have to hunt for fuses on Yukon. This worked!!

Three different fuses and they are under the hood--use the manual to find them--and they are not the compressor ones. (38,49,55 on my 2007) Yank them turn ignition on for a few then put them back in and turn ignition on again for a few then crank it--air on driver side cold again. THANK YOU!

9. AA1PR

AA1PR Rockstar

I also had to disconnect my battery ( both leads) to remedy this problem after a dead battery

10. beachbumreb

beachbumreb New Member

I have had this same problem with heat blowing out the driver side on a GMC 2007 Sierra. I have pulled the fuse and this seems to work for about a month. What is the "fix" for this problem?