Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

07 Tahoe using oil

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by rickshupe, Sep 13, 2011.

1. rickshupe

rickshupe New Member

I have a 07 Tahoe that is using oil. I don’t see itleaking anywhere and it doesn’t look like it is burning it. It has almost80,000 on it and I just added a second quart with about 25% left on the oilchange (according to the computer). Any info on this would be appreciated.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What Engine do you have and How long has your Tahoe Consuming Oil??......G.M. does have a few Service Bulletin's Regarding Oil Consumption in its Engine's.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. X2 what '99HEARTBEAT asked. Also how many miles between oil changes?
  4. rickshupe

rickshupe New Member

I have only had the Tahoe for about a year and I have not kept track of the mileage for oil changes I have just changed it when the computer says the oil life is down to 10%. I have always changed the oil at 3,000 miles on other vehicles I have owned and I think from now on I am going to start doing that on the Tahoe.
    The engine is a 5.3 L and it has done it ever since I have owned it.
    Normally I only have to add a quart between oil changes but on this last oil change it made a trip form Indiana to Florida.
  5. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Are you planning to contact your local dealer? I can also look into this with your VIN. Please feel free to keep me posted either way. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  6. rickshupe

rickshupe New Member

I wasn’t planing on talking to the dealer I was just curious if it was a common problem and if maybe there was an easy fix to it.
    The VIN number is 1GNFK13067R183553.