07 Tahoe using oil

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by rickshupe, Sep 13, 2011.

1. rickshupe

rickshupe New Member

I have a 07 Tahoe that is using oil. I don’t see itleaking anywhere and it doesn’t look like it is burning it. It has almost80,000 on it and I just added a second quart with about 25% left on the oilchange (according to the computer). Any info on this would be appreciated.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What Engine do you have and How long has your Tahoe Consuming Oil??......G.M. does have a few Service Bulletin's Regarding Oil Consumption in its Engine's.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. X2 what '99HEARTBEAT asked. Also how many miles between oil changes?

4. rickshupe

rickshupe New Member

I have only had the Tahoe for about a year and I have not kept track of the mileage for oil changes I have just changed it when the computer says the oil life is down to 10%. I have always changed the oil at 3,000 miles on other vehicles I have owned and I think from now on I am going to start doing that on the Tahoe.
    The engine is a 5.3 L and it has done it ever since I have owned it.
    Normally I only have to add a quart between oil changes but on this last oil change it made a trip form Indiana to Florida.

5. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Are you planning to contact your local dealer? I can also look into this with your VIN. Please feel free to keep me posted either way. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

6. rickshupe

rickshupe New Member

I wasn’t planing on talking to the dealer I was just curious if it was a common problem and if maybe there was an easy fix to it.
    The VIN number is 1GNFK13067R183553.