1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

08 4.8 fuel mileage

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by RedneckTrucker, Feb 1, 2009.

1. RedneckTrucker

RedneckTrucker New Member

what are people getting with the 08 4.8 v8s automatics. i have a crew cab and i get about 18 but what is suprising is my 96 ram 3500 diesel 5spd gets 25+
  2. mjalstad

mjalstad New Member

Is that calculated by taking your distance traveled between fill-ups divided by the gallons pumped in or is that just off of a display? Displays are never accurate. I can understand a 5 speed diesel getting better mileage than a gas truck but not that high. I have a 99 4.8 auto, just got 16.5 mpg (actually calculated, not from a display) driving 75 mph on a hilly highway.
  3. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 New Member

i think i get the same last time drove like 130 miles and i use like 1/4 of gas so im getting like 18 to 21 on freeway
  4. road rash

road rash New Member

14 city 19 hgwy
  5. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton New Member

I used to get 17.6 mpg until I put 20" Denali wheels on. Now I get 15.6!

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

How do you feel about your long headers? How is your low end torque? The instalation? Trying to make up my mind!
  6. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

not surprising, my uncle has a 96 ram diesel that got in the low to mid 20s. My truck gets about 14mpg but that is all city driving no highway, rarely get above 45mph.