Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

'08 Burb - driver's mirror weirdness

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Allen, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Allen

Allen New Member

If I have the drivers outside mirror adjusted all the way inward...objetcs viewed in the mirror have a weird "hue/shimmer" to them. If you adjust it out just a bit, the weirdness goes away. I suspect it's something to do with the auto-dim feature (is that on the outside mirrors?) Anyway, has anybody else noticed this?

2. Stargazer

Stargazer Rockstar

I would think that you're right. I haven't noticed it myself, but I don't have my mirrors adjusted in that much.

On a side note, I know I was taught to adjust the mirrors so that I could see the sides of the vehicle, but I learned long ago that there was a better way to do it. Here's the way I adjust my mirrors now:

http://cartalk.com/content/features/mirrors/

On my Yukon XL, I don't adjust them that far out--it has a lot wider range than the other vehicles I've had . I put them in just a fraction so I still don't see the side of the truck and the blind-spot is still eliminated.