1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

08 Colorado, Debadging??

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by tiomitch, Apr 29, 2008.

1. tiomitch

tiomitch New Member

Wondering what is a good way to remove chrome lettering ( Colorado ) from tail gate and GM badges from door. Also, anyone know of a good way to remove airbag warning stickers from sun visors without leaving a bunch of gunk on the visor. Would appreciate any help.
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The silver badges on the outside I would just heat them up with a hair dryer to heat up the glue and you should be able to peel them off... if they dont peel off then run floss of fishing line behind them after heating them up and kind of saw them off.... as for the sun visor stickers i dont think you can remove them
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  4. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

5. wk96

wk96 New Member

What is X2 ?
  6. Silver08JT

Silver08JT New Member

After heating them up and using the fishing line to saw off, is there any residue from the adhesive? If so, what's best to take that off? Soap and water?
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My boyfriends colorado was 4 years old when he removed the badges, and there was some residual sticky stuff on there. He used a buffer and some Wizard 1000 compound, and he buffed it to a mirror finish but he also buffed the rest of the truck. If your truck is brand new the adhesive should still be pliable, and you shouldn't have any left over sticky stuff???
  8. sheep

sheep Rockstar 100 Posts

i found WD-40 took the badges and trim off the tercel and the truck pretty easy, if you do this make sure you wash the truck off when your done really well, i would hate for it to get to your paint before you get a chance to clean it off