1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

08 silverado 2.25" lift & wheels w/pictures

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by bpaulk, Jun 15, 2010.

1. bpaulk

bpaulk New Member

Ok guys, here is my contribution to the "what setups can I run" questions. I just installed the readyLIft 2.25" leveling kit on my '08 Silverado crew cab 2WD. I also went with 20x9 MB 72s with 0mm offset and 305/50/20 (32x12 per calculators). I did have to do some trimming, both plastic and metal, but dont be scared!

Here are the pictures of before and afters. Hope this works. This is my first time posting with pictures.

I will post metal trimming pictures later.

Attached Files:

2. bpaulk

bpaulk New Member

and here are the metal trimming pictures. Basically I had to cut off the metal tab at the bottom that secures the plastic wheel well, which I need to clean up a bit, but here are a couple of pictures.

Attached Files:

3. Fan45acp

Fan45acp New Member

Looks good. How tall are the tires?
    Thanks....J.H.:glasses:
  4. mus99gt

mus99gt New Member 100 Posts

Looks good!! I would be a little hesitant on trimming the metal. Plastic I would do with no issue.

I like it.
  5. bpaulk

bpaulk New Member

the tires are 32x12
  6. bpaulk

bpaulk New Member

metal trimming.....just think of it as reducing weight!
  7. chschevy58

chschevy58 New Member 100 Posts

DAMN!! pure perfection. nice choices. great job. what are your fender measurments from the ground? front and rear?
  8. bpaulk

bpaulk New Member

I wrote down the before and after somewhere, I will have to find them and post it.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  9. HD2DMAX

HD2DMAX New Member

Looks great man :great:...I have my leveling kit but haven't had time to do the install.
  10. eightbol21

eightbol21 New Member

HD2DMAX you got the same truck i got. what kit you have and tire size expected from it?