1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

08 Silverado 5.3 Misfire...

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by cw00943, Jan 4, 2012.

1. cw00943

cw00943 New Member

The other day the check engine light came on and said service stabilitrack and the truck started skipping. I scanned the vehicle and the codes were "B0561" which I beleive read "abs system disabled info stored invalid serial data received" and also the "P0306" misfire on cylinder 6. I have replaced all the plugs, moved the wires around to try moving the misfire and even swapped the cyl 6 coil with another cylinder's coil and it still continues to kick the misfire. Im thinking maybe an electrical issue now? If i turn off the truck and crank it back up I can drive it anywhere from 1-30 miles before it may misfire again but it always seems to come back with a misfire... Any ideas.....?
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I havent really looked at the coils on the newer GM engines, do they have individual grounds for each coil?
    If so that would probably be where I'd start looking for problems, make sure it's corrosion free and secure, then start looking at the connector for the coil.
  3. acereed2003

acereed2003 New Member

same problem

im having the same issue with my inlaws truck. did you figure out what was wrong with yours or do you have any ideas on where i should start to fixing it?