1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

08 Silverado battery drain

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by GrayGhost63, Feb 8, 2011.

1. GrayGhost63

GrayGhost63 New Member

I have a 2008 silverado 1500 5.3L, I had the battery replaced under warranty about 2 months ago and it died again the other day. I drive it just about every day but sometimes it will sit a day or two max. I have the setting for the dome lights set to off when the door is open and I do have an aftermarket sound system that doesnt turn on and off automatically with the key. So I always make sure to turn the system on after the engine is started and turn it off before I turn off the engine. I know cold weather can also effect the battery but the lows where I live hardly ever reach the 20s. My trucks a little over 37k so my bumper to bumper warranty is done, and i know the battery will still be covered since its only 2 months old. Moneys tight so i cant be wasting it on diagnostic time. Anybody having similar problems or have any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Mike

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Just talked to the local dealership, and they said because the battery was replaced under warranty( and im now out of warranty) that the battery will not be prorated or covered under warranty.
  2. 1991 Suburban

1991 Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

Be sure to check your amp wires. Even though you manually shut off the system, it could still have a bleed.
  3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I would check for a draw on the battery. Something's gotta be drawing it down, & I don't think it's the low temps.