1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

08 Silverado door speakers

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by 08silverado3500hd, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Has anyone else had to replace their door speakers?

2008 Silverado 3500HD Duramax with less than 9,300 miles on it. Just recently the chime became barely audible which was no big deal until I tried to make a phone call and couldn't hear ON STAR either. Went to the dealer and found that both door speakers had to be replaced. $150.00 later everything is working fine but find it hard to believe that both speakers went bad with less than 9,300 on the truck and the fact that the inside of the doors have never had much exposure to rain, snow, etc. I am a very loyal Chevy owner but currently a very dissatisfied customer.
  2. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

Man, a 2008 with less than 9300 miles??!!!!

As far as door speakers, they are not that hard to replace, you pop the door panels off and replace the speakers.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

100 K on my 08 and the speakers sound fine....
  4. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Mine went out at 60k miles...would have never replaced with factory speakers.
  5. Only bought it to tow with. 20 foot cattle trailer several trips a year and 18 foot flat bed moving tractors, equipment, and firewood. 90 Silverado 3500 is still my daily driver.

- - - Updated - - -

Should have posted before letting the dealer replace them. Center cab marker light went bad last year and the dealer took care of it even though it was past the three year warranty. Ordered the truck in 2007 and got it that Nov.
  6. troutbug

troutbug Member

All four door speakers on my 2008 went out, but not at the same time. Three were replaced under warranty. Cheap crap. :grrrrrr:
  7. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

agree the door panels are not hard to take off. I say get a set of good speakers and do it your self.