Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

08 Silverado Lift Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 08SilverdoMan, Jan 9, 2012.

1. 08SilverdoMan

08SilverdoMan New Member

I just purchased an 08 Silverado, 40k miles. Has a 5.3 V8 flex fuel. I want to add a 5" lift and 33" inch ties on 20" rims. Right now I have 20" with 275/55/20 tires. I have a few questions:

Would I need to regear from 3.73?
    If I keep my gears the same, how much would my MPG be affected? I currently get about 12 city 16 hwy.
    Would I need extended brake lines for the lift?
    I really want to get the 7.5" lift but would 33's be to small and look funny on that? I wouldn't mind getting the 7.5" lift if the 35's wouldn't strain my tranny and engine too much.

Thanks guys

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  2. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

thats the same set up as mine just go and look at my thread i put on a few days ago. I dont think the 33s "look funny" on mine just check it out. And i get 13.5mpg with the lift on it so i dont know. But you can probly fit 35s but it is going to strain the engine a little more.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

oh and you really dont need to regear it as well.

3. 08SilverdoMan

08SilverdoMan New Member

Nice, that looks sweet! do you have a link with more or larger pics?

4. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

5. 08SilverdoMan

08SilverdoMan New Member

Yeah that's neat, before and after! Where did you get the black Chevy emblem and was it hard to put in/on?

6. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

I got it from ebay. well the front one was very easy! but the back one was really difficult im not going to lie.

7. Afalconsvick

Afalconsvick Member

I'm in the same position. I want the 7.5" lift, but I'm not sure if I could go with 33's. 35's seem a little large and I as well don't want to strain my engine/trans and I want to keep my gas mileage reasonable. Does anyone have pictures of a 7.5 with 33" ties?