08 Silverado passanger air bag turn on?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 426florez, May 23, 2010.

1. 426florez

426florez New Member

Ok the truck is new to me got it used and I can't figure out how to turn on the passenger air bag? It's a 08 Chevy Silerado 1500 extended cab. Little help. Thanks.

2. XS ive

XS ive Rockstar 100 Posts

Mine has a sensor in the seat. When sufficient weight is in the seat, the air bag automatically turns on. If there is no butt in the seat, the air bag is off.

3. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

My '05 worktruck is the same way, there is a readout in the bottom edge of the interior rear view mirror that says pass airbag on/off. My wife's '06 Impala is the same way too...

4. 426florez

426florez New Member

Thanks thought there might be a switch some place I guess it's in the seat.

5. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

The little cubby above the ashtray was the key switch b/4 they made it automatic, my '05 manual shows that so it may have been during the transition...Once the Feds learned that children & small women were being killed by passenger air bags they added the key switch, I know my neighbor has one in his '01 F250 and then they made it automatic; probably 'cause some lawyer decided they would be involved in lawsuits when someone forgot to switch one off...