1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

08 Silverado --Problems?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by cupofjoe, Sep 7, 2008.

1. cupofjoe

cupofjoe New Member

I bought an 08 in Jan. I've put almost 15,000 miles on it,
    Belts would squeek on start up in the morning, took it to the dealer, said this was common problem from the factory, replaced with new belt.

The next morning!! The belts still sqeek...
    Took it back to service Dept. , The belt was starting to shred?
    Service Mgr., said they used a laser to see if pullys are alligned, said everything was in place, thought it was a bad belt from factory.....:sign0023:
    Put a new belt on and sent me on my way......

To my suprise it didn't sqeek for about a month...Then there it was in morning on start up!!!:grrrrrr:
    So once again back to the dealer...
    Service Mgr., said pullys where out of allignment, realligned pullys and put a new belt on, sent me on my way!

WOW one more month went by and guess what........SQUEEEEEK,SQUEEEEK,SQUEEEEK.........
    WTF...........Come on!!!! :grrrrrr:

Also my vents were rattling, when blower was on high......Factory Recall, that was fixed for now!

Any one else having the same issue with their 08 Silverado 1500 Z71?????
  2. road rash

road rash New Member

What engine is this happening to ?
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

just pay the 20 bucks and go buy your own and put it on and see what happens, GM used to use dayco(they are good and made in my hometown)as their OE belts find out what it is now and go buy something else get one of the goodyear belts
  4. catbert

catbert Rockstar

Check the belt tensioner arm when your under the hood. It shouldn't fail at 15K, but it happens.
  5. geets

geets New Member

Not having any problems with mine. Try a different dealer sometimes one is better than the other.
  6. Aiblinger

Aiblinger New Member

I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 that had blower rattles on high... that was an easy fix and was taken care of under warranty before the recall (I didn't get the notice of the recall, though). I haven't had any belt issues, though. Maybe that is a problem for other than 6.0L motors.
  7. gmcem50

gmcem50 Member

My '08 Silverado (6.0 liter) has about 10K miles now and has never made a squeak. In fact, it has performed flawlessly; zero problems.
  8. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have a 07 nbs with a 5.3, I haven't heard any sqeeks from mine.
  9. 08victoryredZ71

08victoryredZ71 Rockstar

08 5.3 FM with about 500 miles and nothing yet.I guess i will keep an eye out for this one. Hope you get it fixed.