1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

08" Silverado Seat Belt Replacement

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jdunk90, Sep 14, 2008.

1. jdunk90

jdunk90 New Member

I just got two 12" subs installed under the back seat of my ext. cab silverado.

i just noticed the guy somehow managed to beat two of the seatbelt receivers all to hell. does anyone know where i can get these or some that look similar to the other ones. i don't need the whole seatbelt, just the thing it clicks into.
  2. collinsperformance

collinsperformance New Member 100 Posts

junk yeard that deals newer chevys only should have them...mike
  3. jdunk90

jdunk90 New Member

do you think i might be able to order them through chevy? i guess i could call the chevy place.
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

make the installer pay for it!!!!
  5. Tunnelmotor99

Tunnelmotor99 New Member

Call or go to your dealer and get prices for the parts. GM probably only sells the entire seatbelt assembly, but I agree that you should make the installer pay for it. Better yet, you could let the service department replace them for you and just give him the bill...
  6. jdunk90

jdunk90 New Member

yeah, i'm gonna make him pay for it. i thought it was pretty crappy too that he didn't bother to mention it to me. i don't even know how he messed them up that bad. one of them looks like it is about to bust into about 20 little pieces. it has cracks all through the plastic
  7. jdunk90

jdunk90 New Member

i just went and talked to the guy. he wouldn't own up to it, so i don't know what to do really.

i went to the chevy place and the guy quoted me $107 to replace. Maybe i can find them in a parts yard.