1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

'08 Silverado Sliding Back Window Help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by NeverStuck4X4, Jan 4, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. NeverStuck4X4

NeverStuck4X4 New Member

I found a power sliding back window for a good price online but the website says it fits 99 and above Silverados.... I know Chevy changed the body style of the trucks in '03 and again in '07 but did they not change the shape of the back window? I called the dealer I use and the guy said he figured they probably changed it but didnt sound to sure so I figured I would post up here. Thanks for the help!!
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I can't answer your question, but a little research by the parts guy to compare part numbers on the rear glass for those years should help you get a better handle on the situation.
  3. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

just call a reputable glass shop, they will know the size differences. Or even call a top grade window tinter.