1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

08 silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by loridinnx2000, Nov 12, 2011.

1. loridinnx2000

loridinnx2000 New Member

are all 1500s now 6 lug rims? it used to be that if it was 2wd it had 5 lug rims and 4x4 were 6lug. also is there such a thing as a z71 off road 2wd?
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

All 1500 Trucks 2WD's and 4WD's have been running with 6-lug Rims for Sometime now.........Regarding a 2WD having the Z71 Off-Road Package......G.M. Offer's 2....Z71 Packages, the first one is the Z71 Off-Road Suspension Package and the 2nd is the Z71 Appearance Package, which can be Ordered on a 2WD.
  3. loridinnx2000

loridinnx2000 New Member

thank you for answering
  4. Gregsyellorado

Gregsyellorado Rockstar

Mine is a 2wd with the Z71 appearance package. I am not sure of all the stuff that is part of the package.
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Below Information is from Chevrolet's Web Site.....its is the Z71 Appearance Package and the items that come with it,

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"][TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Z71 APPEARANCE PACKAGE[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: optionTextPopup left"][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: optionTextPopup right, align: left"]The Z71[SUP]®[/SUP] Appearance Package, available on Extended Cab Standard Box and Crew Cab™ Short Box models, includes body-color front bumper lower and center sections with body-color end caps, a body-color grille with chrome insert, unique Z71 decals, bright door sill plates, chrome recovery hooks, body-color outside mirrors and door handles and fog lamps. 18" aluminum wheels and 18" tires and front and rear Rancho[SUP]®[/SUP] shocks raise the Z71 performance level even higher.

On LT models, requires Extended Cab Standard Box or Crew Cab models, Trailering Package and Z71 Off-Road Suspension Package. Tires may be upgraded to on-off road tires. Not available with exterior color Imperial Blue Metallic.
    On LTZ models, requires Extended Cab Standard Box or Crew Cab models and Z71 Off-Road Suspension Package. Tires may be upgraded to on-off road tires. Not available with exterior color Imperial Blue Metallic[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

6. Gregsyellorado

Gregsyellorado Rockstar

I have a Sierra, so some of the euipment may be different, I do have the skid plates, fog lamps, tow hooks, and the better shocks in the rear, along with the G80 rear end. Mine also came with 17" wheels and all-terrain tires. The decals on the rear say Z71, they do not have off-road or 4x4 on them. Also mine is a reg cab with the SE package. Basically what the dealer said was that this truck replaced the heavy half package that GM did years ago, whether that is true or not I don't know.