1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

08 Single Cab 12" Subwoofer Build

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by tech2332, Jul 22, 2009.

1. tech2332

tech2332 New Member

08 Single Cab 12" Subwoofer UPDATE 8/5/09 65% Done

Here is my 3rd system in this truck.
    1st was 2 12" Memphis PR's in SMALL PreFab Enclosure, & Cheap 400 Watt Amp
    2nd was a 10" SSA Icon in Ported Box built by Audibel Customs & MTX 600 Watt Amp
    Now 3rd: Audioque 12" (Purchased Online This Morning) :D , 2.20-2.50 Cu. Ft. Tune to ~37 HZ ~32 Sq. In. Of Port, HF 1000.1, Second Skin on rear cab wall

This will be the first box I build for a system so I'm hoping all goes good.

Second Skin Arrived & Installed
    Also Purchased a Torx Kit from eBay to remove seats
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HF 1000.1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pioneer-5000UB & Flash Drive & Amp Bass Knob
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wiring under driver seat that's going to get organized.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Also Box Design & I'll hopefully get some Rockford Components and a Amp to replace front speakers, and front tweeter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If you have any tips, or advice please let me know,
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  2. EvilNetwork

EvilNetwork New Member

Seems like you have figured out the air requirements of the box. Only thing I can offer you is to ensure you build the box from MDF. Dont just screw the box together, use a high quality wood glue along with the screws to get a good seal. Same thing with your port. Seal it in well. Nothing more irritating than a vibrating plastic port.

Good luck with your box build. They can get addicting ;)
  3. STLBIGA

STLBIGA New Member

thats going to be sick man i got a single cab and a 10 inch rockfordfosgate shollow mount. It rattles my seat like crazy i need to do something like this, great idea man.
  4. tech2332

tech2332 New Member

Yea, I'm going to use some 3/4" MDF and Double baffle the part where the woofer will downfire. Also use some TiteBond Wood glue which is the main thing people use for Sub Boxes. Also Caulking & Fiberglass to seal it up good. :great:

Edit: Also the port is going to be MDF Wood. It is Internal/External. I'll show you some clear pics of my sketchup.

Thanks man, gonna start building soon this weekend.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That should end up being a nice build. keep posting pics
  6. tech2332

tech2332 New Member

Here is a better pic.of the box sketchup. All MDF.
    (This isn't the same box size as the one i'm going to build. The one i'm building is gonna be slightly larger.)
    [​IMG]
  7. EvilNetwork

EvilNetwork New Member

Nice Design!
  8. tech2332

tech2332 New Member

Got Wood & Glue Supplies

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also Got Another Package Today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Compared to SSA 10" Icon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hopefully start on box by the end of this week.
  9. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member ROTM Winner

i want that for my truck what was the cost and how much to build me the box.
  10. tech2332

tech2332 New Member

You can get the sub for around $269 with shipping. Get a 1000 Watt RMS Amp. And If this box goes good for me I could possibly do one for you for about $150.00. Maybe lower, I'm not sure. But there is some modification you would have to do. Like cutting off the insulation behind the carpet, taking off the tool that are bolted to the ground, etc.

If this box goes good I could make one for you.

EDIT: Here is the site where you get the subwoofer if you want this one.
    http://www.audioque.com/aq/HDCSeries.htm
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009