Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

08 Sivlerado Ball Joint upper control arm?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by DarkCherry, Nov 16, 2011.

1. DarkCherry

DarkCherry Rockstar

Ok have an 08 Silverado 4x4, swapped out from shocks/struts with the bilstein 5100 adjustable, have the truck leveled out. Bought new tires around 8000 miles ago or so, the front outside edge of the tires is getting worn, have had them rotated and balanced, took the truck in to have alignment checked and the driver side upper balljoint is worn out with 37K miles on it. Thinking this is worn prematurely from a wreck back when i first got the truck, but shop said thats why tires are wearing wrong, but upper ball joint cant be replaced, have to get a new upper control arm........is this correct? if it is true, should i just get aftermarket ones that are designed for the change in suspension up front, or stick with the stock oem upper control arms. THey quoted me like 238.99 for stock upper control arm, 158 buck s in labor and 80 bucks for he alignment. seems steep for the upper arms? any thoughts.

Other thing is.....will my extended warranty cover the ball joint?

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

if you only have 38k miles on it a dealer should fix it for free. Generally they call it a "goodwill" repair. I just had them replace a leather passenger seat and a few other things on my wife's torrent, it has 55k and they did it free. I would not tell them about your accident.