1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

'08 Tahoe Z71 4x4 towing a 2010 Silverado 4x4?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by RMC_SS_LDO, May 15, 2011.

1. RMC_SS_LDO

RMC_SS_LDO Member

We have a move coming up and trying to determine the viability of towing our 2010 Silverado Extended cab 4x4 behind our Tahoe.

The Tahoe is a 2008 Z71 4x4 with the 3.73 rear end, 5.3L (no mods) and 4sp OD transmission. From what I can tell, the curb weight for the truck we're trying to tow is ~5,200. The intent was to use a tow dolly for the front wheels of the truck.

My main concern is the ability of the Tahoe to actually tow it. The route will be pretty flat on I-95 northbound from GA up to CT. It has been a little tougher than I figured to find out all of the actual numbers for both vehicles.

Thanks!

Allen