Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

'09 2500HD with Lift Kit Making Crazy Squeaky Noises

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by jakedajewel, Sep 15, 2010.

1. jakedajewel

jakedajewel New Member

Hello, i am new to this forum and not too familiar with lift kits and was hoping i can get some comments about my small issue.
    i searched the forum using the search feature with no avail.

i have a 2009 2500HD with Fabtech Lift (i think 6") with 75K miles.
    the kit was installed right after purchase...
    for the past few months, the truck has been making a lot of squeaky noises when driving on bumps and small undulations from the road.
    also, when turning the steering wheel in any direction makes a terrible squeal.
    its quiet embarrassing when driving around the parking lot and people staring...
    the truck has not been to 4x4 shop for servicing.

my question is this: people with lift kits, when do u usually take your truck in for servicing?? once a year??
    and what kind of servicing will i get once i drop off my truck??

any comments and/or recommendations will gladly be appreciated, thanks!!
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Lift kits should be retorqued after between 300 and 500 miles. Do you know if this was done? My Silverado and Suburban both have 6" lifts. Once a year I retorque all the lifts nuts&bolts. Theres alot of stress on these nuts & bolts. If you haven't retorqued the nuts & bolts I'm sure theres some that are loose. If your lift kit had new rear blocks/u-botls make sure you check them, the new u-bolts do stretch. Oh yea, welcome to the club.
  3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

X2 silver is a lift guy.. Me i would also look at bushings etc and if they look quite dried out i would get some white grease and spray it while someone works the wheels back and forth. And check the leaf spring pucks to...
  4. jakedajewel

jakedajewel New Member

hey guys, thanks for all your input.
    i dropped off the truck @ 4wheel parts, and they told me my Fabtech upper ball joints and UCA have to be replaced...and quoted me $600.
    i read on another forum that these parts, specifically fabtech, are not good quality...mainly made in china.
    anyways, the truck will be fixed by tomorrow...thanks again for all your suggestions, i appreciate it.
    please have yourself a wonderful day!!

regards, jake
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Glad its getting done. And for $600 doesnt actually sound to horrible for UCA, and Ball joints since those can run $200 a side. Also are they putting in a higher quality part or are they just putting Fabtecs again? because my sugestion is actually MOOG! they make great front parts...
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 what murdog94 said about the MOOG parts. Also make sure you keep the front end greased because of the extra stress the lift kit puts on the front end parts.
  7. jakedajewel

jakedajewel New Member

thanks again for your input.
    yea, i believe they are installing fabtechs ball joints again.
    i can call and request for MOOG, but that will take more time which i dont have.
    but thanks again for suggestion.

regarding grease, which brand is good to use??
    and how many times should i apply to front end components?? once/year??
    guys...i really appreciate your help...ill try to take a pic of the truck so u guys have an idea of how it looks.
    have a nice weekend!!

regards, jake
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Jake!