09 Silverado Crew Cab Audio Upgrade

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by chevycamarado, Aug 29, 2009.

1. chevycamarado

chevycamarado Member

I have no idea what to install regarding audio in my truck. This would be my first system, and being the newbie I am, need some help and advice with what to put in. The only problem is, is that my back seat is usually filled to capacity with tools and I want a system that is hidden but still makes the car next to me feel uncomfortable.:he:
    A little help? Thanks

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

3. chevycamarado

chevycamarado Member

Brands??

Would you recommend Kenwood or Pioneer?

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

They are both top of the line Companys,I have a Pioneer AVIC-N1 and I love it!!,What Model Stereo are you looking At??

5. chevycamarado

chevycamarado Member

To be honest, Im not looking at anything in particular. I want to buy a nice system once and not have to worry about it wearing out down the road. A Pioneer Flagship In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver Model AVIC-Z110BT as a head unit is what im considering. Maybe a 2 channel amp and 4 new speakers. Is it ok to mix brands? Pioneer unit with JBL speakers...etc.?

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

Its looks like you have picked out a Very Good setup,As far as mixing Brands,I've got Kicker speaker and no problems,is this the unit you are talking About,

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVIC110/Pioneer-AVIC-Z110BT.html?tp=20212,

7. chevycamarado

chevycamarado Member

Ya thats the unit. I want to install all myself, with zero electrical experience, do you think it is pretty safe to say I cant really f*** it up?

8. 99'HEARTBEAT

That's up to you .......For me I had My Installed At a Stereo Shop.

9. chevycamarado

chevycamarado Member

Back up camera

I see you have a back up cam. Where did u place it? License Plate or tail gate?

10. 99'HEARTBEAT

I have it Mounted above the Trailer hitch,Here is a picture

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009