1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

09 Silverado Crew Cab Audio Upgrade

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by chevycamarado, Aug 29, 2009.

1. chevycamarado

chevycamarado Member

I have no idea what to install regarding audio in my truck. This would be my first system, and being the newbie I am, need some help and advice with what to put in. The only problem is, is that my back seat is usually filled to capacity with tools and I want a system that is hidden but still makes the car next to me feel uncomfortable.:he:
    A little help? Thanks
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

3. chevycamarado

chevycamarado Member

Brands??

Would you recommend Kenwood or Pioneer?
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

They are both top of the line Companys,I have a Pioneer AVIC-N1 and I love it!!,What Model Stereo are you looking At??
  5. chevycamarado

chevycamarado Member

To be honest, Im not looking at anything in particular. I want to buy a nice system once and not have to worry about it wearing out down the road. A Pioneer Flagship In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver Model AVIC-Z110BT as a head unit is what im considering. Maybe a 2 channel amp and 4 new speakers. Is it ok to mix brands? Pioneer unit with JBL speakers...etc.?
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

Its looks like you have picked out a Very Good setup,As far as mixing Brands,I've got Kicker speaker and no problems,is this the unit you are talking About,

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVIC110/Pioneer-AVIC-Z110BT.html?tp=20212,
  7. chevycamarado

chevycamarado Member

Ya thats the unit. I want to install all myself, with zero electrical experience, do you think it is pretty safe to say I cant really f*** it up?
  8. 99'HEARTBEAT

That's up to you .......For me I had My Installed At a Stereo Shop.
  9. chevycamarado

chevycamarado Member

Back up camera

I see you have a back up cam. Where did u place it? License Plate or tail gate?
  10. 99'HEARTBEAT

I have it Mounted above the Trailer hitch,Here is a picture

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009