09 Silverado Cupholder

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by clw2112, Feb 6, 2009.

1. clw2112

clw2112 New Member

I just got a 09 Silverado and i cant stand the 2 upholders that are built into the armrest. They are huge and the little rubber pieces do a real poor job of keeping your drink from moving around, i've spilled my coffee all over numerous times already and its a real pain to have to keep one hand on my cup whenever i stop, turn, etc.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know of anything i can do different? Anyone know of an insert that you can put in there so a normal cup/can will fit betteR?

2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This ought to fix it. It's 10 bucks at bass pro.
    [​IMG]

3. bubba33

bubba33 Rockstar 100 Posts

I know what your saying. I like a adjustable cup holder myself.

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have problems with the ones in the '99 Suburban as well. The ones that pop out of the dash are shallow and the rubber is very poor, and the ones in the console between the seats allow for a real cup and tiny small one.

I am not aware of any inserts but I've kind of done what Trevor suggested. I have an extra large mug that fits smuggly in the lower cup holder.

Would like to know if anyone has any insights on what to do to fix the problem.

5. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I don't have this problem with the cup holder on mine. Actually I have a problem sometimes trying to get my cup out of it without spilling my drinks.

6. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Truthfully I miss the older trucks with the flat dash boards. You could set anything on them and it wouldn't move unless you hit a big bump.