09 silverado driving electrical problems.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Silverbud, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Silverbud

Silverbud New Member

Hey I was wondering if anybody has run imto this issue, I was driving my truck the other day and while excelerating from a stopthe truck died, the gauges went from zero to full amd back to zero the stabilitrack light came on and the door locked and unlocked twice. I restared and it ean fine for about another 40 miles till I was going up and incline in manual in fourth gear ( I have the six speed auto with a 5.3 and its 2wd ) while coming around a corner the gauges freaked out again then it proceeded to rapidly down shift to first gear by itself. Then todsy while I was driving down a flat road doing 55 in drive the gauges freakout, stabilitrack off light comes on , doors lock and unlock twice and I apply the breaks to pull over and they lock up. I come to a stop and the truck was off still in drive. Its starts back up and runs but its been doing this for three days now

Any ideas guys! I had it towed to to dealer hopeing it will still be under the powertrain warrenty.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You have a loose electrical connection, probably at the battery; or, it may be a battery with broken internal plates.

3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you had to bring your vehicle into the dealership. We always want you to have the best experience when you do have to bring your vehicle in. Very interested on how your visit went. Please private message me the details.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care