1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

09 silverado exhaust good idea or bad

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 09silverado, Mar 18, 2009.

1. 09silverado

09silverado New Member

I just got my truck and Im thinking about cutting the pipes right after the cats and going straight back true dual to a x pipe then 2 magnaflow 4x9 mufflers the go behind the rear tire with 2 black SS tips. what do you guys think? Im doing it in 21/2 so I can make sure I keep back pressure
  2. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts

I think its a good idea.
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Hell yes to the "X" pipe! My old boyfriend had a 5.0 Mustang and he took off the factory exhaust and put true duals with the X pipe and it was a really drastic difference, I couldn't believe how that added to the sound of the exhaust. I would imagine it would sound pretty awesome on a truck also, why not also put an electric exhaust cut-out on the truck too? Just an idea.................AMY :great:
  4. 09silverado

09silverado New Member

I dont want that much sound out of the mufflers but I do want the performance. I also want to look into long tube headers. Any suggestions?